GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to fix dashboard squeaks?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

How to fix dashboard squeaks? Empty
PostSubject: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 pm

The interior of the Roadmaster has been squeaking a lot, and I hate it.

Sunday, I took off the front panel so I could replace the radio, and ran out of time. Monday, Mrs Danger drove it with the panel missing. She says that all the squeaks are gone!

Now that I've isolated the squeaks to that panel, how do I silence them forever? I was thinking of sticking house window insulation strips to the top of the panel where the plastic pieces rub together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:04 pm

My friend swapped out the speakers in his Subaru and had the same issue, he glued some of those rubber hose washers to around where the panel screw holes are. Worked for him.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 pm

That won't work in this case, because the Roadmaster panel is held on by a lot of push-in clips. It sure made removal easy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Put a piece of tape on the clips, and make sure there aren't any spots where the plastic rubs another part. Look for scuffs or spots with powder around them. You can put tape of those too.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 am

Has anyone ever tried adhesive teflon tape?
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 am

I drove the car last night. Even with the dashboard off, there is still lots of squeaking. I found one squeak on the passenger door panel where the clip broke off, and another squeak caused by the driver's door panel rubbing on the A pillar.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Here's why my dash squeaked!

Do you think maybe I went over the railroad track a little to hard.

Easiest way to fix it is to turn the stereo up and listen to the license plate rattle.

How to fix dashboard squeaks? Underdash

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to fix dashboard squeaks?   How to fix dashboard squeaks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to fix dashboard squeaks?
Page 1 of 1