GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to remove dashboard?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zorrodeporro

Zorrodeporro

How to remove dashboard? Empty
PostSubject: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:23 pm

How can I remove the upper dashboard of a '91 Caprice? I need to fix the odometer so I need to get behind the dash.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:01 pm

You don't need to take out the upper dash to get the cluster out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

^ He's correct.

Set your parking brake and turn the key on. Put the car in 1st gear. Tilt the steering wheel all the way down, pull the dash surround like you did for your other mod with the lights, undo all the screws around the cluster. MAKE SURE you remove the clip on the steering column for the gear indicator, and then the cluster pulls straight out. Might be easier if you pull the steering wheel itself, but I've had enough clusters in/out of my car with the wheel in place.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:17 pm

If you can remove the tilt lever, it is a lot easier to get the dash face off. Tilt the wheel to the full down position, and remove the lever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot that step. Definitely pull the tilt lever.

Then again, in his other thread he's got the dash face off, so I assume he knew that.
Back to top Go down
Zorrodeporro

Zorrodeporro

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:48 am

Ok guys, thanks a lot. This sounds easy.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:39 am

If you need assistance on repairing your odometer, I have worked on about 6-7 of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to remove dashboard?   How to remove dashboard? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to remove dashboard?
Page 1 of 1