GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info

Go down 
+3
Cadet57
1993 Roady-man
200OZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Empty
PostSubject: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm

The Watkins Glen Thunder Road Tour is ON. Friday, July 29th, 2011

It's 3 paced laps around the famed road coarse, 55mph, or so, depends on who's pacing the cars, and we can line the wagons up on the starting grid for a group shot, and pics in different areas of the track for some action shots, so bring your camera men/women. The track photographer may or may not be there, we won't know until we get there.

The track has our reservation listed under Wagon Fest. It will be Friday July 29th 4:30pm, check in at gate #2.

I have it reserved for 15-20 cars at $25.00 each car, minimum 10 cars.

I'm thinking we can all drive down together leaving from the Waterloo School parking lot at 2:30pm (across from Fred's old shop/dealership), stopping in the village of Watkins Glen at "The Shop" to get the tickets, and then heading to the track.

Passengers of any age are welcome to ride along, so bring the kids.

http://www.theglen.com/Plan-Your-Visit/Thunder-Road-Tours.aspx
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am

Sounds good I will be in this pack driving down with the boy's,... there gonna love this.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm

If we can get there on Friday in time we are so in!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:14 pm

I am registered with Joel for this...............
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 am

Who else is going??
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 am

I plan on taking Shammoo to the track on Friday.

Since I'm relatively local, I'll meet up with you guys for the cruise at the school
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

Thunder Road Tour is still a go, and will happen rain or shine. Sounds like the track will shut it down only if it's limited visibility, so bring your rain tires... just in case.

Weather for Friday as of Wed. am: High 80's with a 20% chance of rain, but that is in the am, so it looks good right now.

Mike
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Well as of right now were still in and ready to go. I just put my new coil springs in back and need to get the front ones done. Hopefully tomorrow. Change oil and clean it out. That's all it's getting this time out. Not much changes at all.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Still in. Though it looks as if I'll just be meeting you folks at the track. I hope they don't mind a wagon with spare parts in the back. :
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah I'll have spare parts to. LOL! Maybe we should have a drop spot for all this crap that we are bringing to the fest.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am

To the track guys - 200OZ and I spoke; we'll make a final decision at the school at 2:30 this afternoon. I will refund in cash if we call it off.

Joel
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am

11.25am Looking at Radar map now. One cell passing Rochester now, worst towards thruway and east , but clear behind it . generally slow clearing toward the southeast

Southern tier is clear over the glen at the moment, but one cell moving in from east over Jamestown, light showers. After that it is clear all the way back to Detroit. One cell out near Chicago seems to be drifting south east, unlikely to touch us.

We should be OK when we get there.

11:41 already clear in Canandaigua and coming your way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info   Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder Road Tour at Watkins Glen - Info
Page 1 of 1