GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ashtray Gauge Pod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stemmler

Stemmler

Ashtray Gauge Pod Empty
PostSubject: Ashtray Gauge Pod   Ashtray Gauge Pod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 am

The first thing I did after putting the lower dash back on post t56 swap wans rip out the ash tray. Having is slide out and hit your hand when shifting gets annoying. After a year and a half I finally filled the big hole in my dash with a 4 gauge pod. It was a bit of a pain to install. Not a lot of room to get some of the screws in along the side.

Ashtray Gauge Pod 6779228177_e1fcff6853_b

Right now I have the SSLED switch, fan switch, Air/Fuel gauge, and fuel pressure gauge. It has room for 1 more if I ever think of another one I want. It's not in the car yet because one of my gauge mounting brackets broke.

The one problem is there is a small gap at the top corners. It will probably be less noticable once it's in but I know it will get annoying. Any ideas to get rid of the gap? Maybe some molding to put around the top where it meets the dash.
Back to top Go down

Ashtray Gauge Pod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pod   Ashtray Gauge Pod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 pm

The pods in the pics at"customspeakerpods"dont fit the dash very well either.I am planning to run
a molding strip around mine.Going to order mine with the 3 gauge face already cut out.
Jim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Ashtray Gauge Pod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pod   Ashtray Gauge Pod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:11 pm

looks nice Billiam. coming to Carlisle?
Back to top Go down
Stemmler

Stemmler

Ashtray Gauge Pod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pod   Ashtray Gauge Pod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 pm

I guess I have to keep an eye out for some thin black molding. I was going to get the precut one but I had the switches to mount. A 2" hole saw and some sand paper made quick work of the holes.

I plan on going to Carlisle. I'm deciding if I should tempt fate again by trying to take the wagon off the island.
Back to top Go down
Stemmler

Stemmler

Ashtray Gauge Pod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pod   Ashtray Gauge Pod Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

It was such a nice day I stopped home at lunch to put the lower dash back in. Gauges aren't hooked up yet, I needed it together before my DD goes in for some work. The gap is a lot less visible once installed. If it still bugs me I'll probably find some thin trim to put around the top and dye it gray.

Ashtray Gauge Pod 6798070095_e5be45eea6_z

Ashtray Gauge Pod 6798070273_00248378d7_z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ashtray Gauge Pod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pod   Ashtray Gauge Pod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashtray Gauge Pod
Page 1 of 1