GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The next problem for the long roofers to solve.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Empty
PostSubject: The next problem for the long roofers to solve.   The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 pm

The fans run constantly,. no dtc codes,.
Both fans run constantly all the time the motor is running,.
Ideas please?

thanks
Nick

after putting a bulb in the check engine light hole,. Malf #11 went away too,. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The next problem for the long roofers to solve.   The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Just off the top of my head. That temp sensor on the water pump broken or fallen off? Though I think that throws a check engine light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: The next problem for the long roofers to solve.   The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Long shot, but try the two fan relays located on the outside of the underhood fuse box. Could be they are both stuck closed. If its not the relays and its not the ecm then somewhere both are shorted to ground.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: The next problem for the long roofers to solve.   The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:06 am

Is your ECM program new? Maybe someone programmed the "on" temps too low?

I'm pretty sure the water pump sensor would throw a code. unplug it and see if you get a check engine light.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: The next problem for the long roofers to solve.   The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 am

if i unplug the water pump sensor i get a cel,.
i played the 3shell game in the relay box with the 2 fan relays and the a/c relay no difference,.
guess its possible that all 3 relays are "stuck"? will try some more later today,. the car is off for its second emissions try,. i,m going to unplug 1 fan relay ,. see whay happens,. datamaster says its running at 197.6 or so idling even with both fans running,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next problem for the long roofers to solve.   The next problem for the long roofers to solve. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next problem for the long roofers to solve.
Page 1 of 1