GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Fest New York

Go down 
+15
a1awind
Lynol
1993 Roady-man
Wagon Collector
roadmastercouple
DBeaSSt
sherlock9c1
silverfox103
mtrhead79
brokecello
lakeffect
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
phantom 309
200OZ
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Wagon Fest New York Empty
PostSubject: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Wagon Fest New York will be held at Seneca State Park as it was in years past. Thanks Dave B. (lakeffect)

THE BALANCE OF THIS POSTING HAS BEEN RETRACTED, IGNORE THE REST OF THIS AS IT NO LONGER APPLIES, BUT REMAINS SHOWN FOR POSTERITY

As most of you know Wagon Fest New York has seen the attendance fall off in the last few years since Fred and Kelly moved away from Waterloo, and with the addition of regional Fests. Joel and I continued the tradition for the last few years, but It is not the easiest thing to put together when there is no anchor in Waterloo anymore. So WF NY is going to be at my house, in Farmington, NY. Saturday July 28th, the last weekend in July. This will be smaller and more low key than the previous Wagon Fests.

It's open to anyone and everyone that has a B body wagon, sedan, and D body, but I will need a head count so I know what to prepare for, food, drinks, and if too big for the house, a park. I'm thinking $10.00 per person, kids 12 and under free. The menu is up in the air until I get some feed back.

Farmington has a KOA camp ground about 3 miles from my house, a couple of very basic cheap motels, and a nice Comfort Inn and Suits. If there is enough interest from those of you needing a place to stay I'll look into group rates.

One thing everyone.... I don't drink alcohol, and it's not some thing I particularly care for. This hasn't been a big problem in the past few years, but I want to be clear. If you MUST drink, bring a few of your own, and be responsible. None of this drunken

Here are my thoughts as of right now:

Friday July 27th @ 2:00pm - Nice long Cruise to Watkins Glen (about 1 hour away from me) and take the Thunder Road tour just like last year.

- After the Glen cruise, head to a restaurant to have dinner and hang out until?

Saturday July 28th @ 10:00am - My house, hang out, talk about cars, work on cars ( I've got a "few" tools), Tim will wash. Grill out and/or order out.
There is also a self serve JY 10 minutes from my house. Chinese auction?... Maybe. Awards?.... eh, maybe.

Sunday July 29th @8:30am - My house for a send off breakfast. (Free.... I think) Egg casserole, Mrs. Fest's French toast, coffee, toast, beagles, and even cereal.
Hang out some more if you want.

I'll put up reservation stuff/sign ups later if there's any interest for WF NY. Let me know asap if you have interest, I need to get things planned.

Links:

Watkins Glen International Raceway
http://www.theglen.com/Plan-Your-Visit/Thunder-Road-Tours.aspx

Comport Inn & Suits
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-farmington-new_york-NY333

Americas Best Value Inn
http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=526&rcode=lcl10

https://reservation.magnusonhotels.com/bbe/page1.aspx?pcode=M12381

Farmington, New York
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmington,_New_York

Wagon Fest New York P1000060

Last edited by 200OZ on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:26 pm

i dunno mike,.
nice offer and all,.but why is it on your shoulders?
It would be a difficult time, if we all felt uncomfortable having a beer, and washroom facilities for 20-50 people would take toll on you and your family,.
I have never seen anyone really drunk at wagonfest,. microtel even,.folks are always pretty moderate,.

The park has been THE spot all along,. microtel etc,.
after hours microtel beer fest and bullsht scene has been one of the big draws,.
which you and tim and joel don't like to participate in,.

watkins glen for sure,.that was fun last year, this year tho we know enough not to follow any tbi cars down or back,. Laughing
At the track we need to make it known we will run any suv off the track that gets in our way this year,.timmy will take care of that with his 6 speed,.

i realise it,d make things very easy for you and i sure appreciate the magnitude of your offer, but for me i think it should be the same venue again,. every year,. work on fred being there, he still has family in waterloo,. Wink

OR,
it dies a natural death and we all make the trek south to NC,.
jm2c,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Your right Nick, it won't be the same, but that's way it is right now. I can't do it this year. Wish it were different, but it's not. This will happen, It might be just 3 or 4 of the locals though, and that's fine with me. I just thought I'd open it up to all.

As far as the Micro-tel hang out, I do like that, just because I don't drink doesn't mean it wasn't fun. I can't stay out with you guys all night because I had a 45 minute ride home, and had to get all the food ready for the next day.

Mike
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 pm

well as i,ve said before stop trying to cater food for folks let them survive on their own,.
i don't eat the wagonfest food very often,.i scoot out and have some food some place and come back,. 1 community BBQ lit,. and folks bring what they want to cook,. i love BBq's,.
i love fresh bread and butter, so i can cater for myself,.
I don't think you should be selfish and demand it at your house,.breaking with tradition will drive a crack inbetween folks i think,. just like the friday night tradition of the truck stop supper,.

JM2C,.

nick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Lets open this up for input from everone thats planning to attend wagonfest NY this year,.
i just heard the shelter we always get some how has been rented to someone else,.??
Do we even need a shelter? a large tent, and all the cars where we usually are would work i think,. there,s lots of grass in the park,.

who,s coming to wagon fest,.??
speak up now,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Definitely count me in. Unless something comes up at home contingent from the Swink's will be at your home or the park. I will try to take off on Thursday so I can come up and help where I can.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Mike, first and foremost: Props to you for opening up your home for Wagon Fest.

Whether its in Farmington, Waterloo, or a rest area off of I-90, I'll be there. Ever since I got my wagon, this is the thing I look forward to every year.

That said. my personal feeling is to keep it at the park. It's the "home" of WF, and I think its a great spot for it. That's not to say your place, or any other place won't be. But we know the park works.

As for you and Joel running with it, we have a big forum here. I think if asked for volunteers you'd get plenty. Like I said to you last year while packing crap up "you guys did all the work, give me something to do". I still stand by that. Granted, i'm 5 hours away, but I can make phone calls and do any logistical work that I can do from my computer or phone.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Mike , the burden is not on one person's shoulders. You know I am local and will do anything I can. You didn't ask for much help last year, then again I didn't offer much other than providing a PA system and tunes.

I agree with Nick about wondering the suitability to have so many cars at your house, Neighborhood, and it's a valid point about facilities. we only need coverage in case it rains, and power is not important. As stated, neither is food. If it is set up ahead of time as Bring Your Own Food, so it's not a surprise or hassle.

I would say keep it at The park, with or without a shelter. Plenty of things there for the kids to do with the beach & playground

The beer swap was fun. I sense that would not go over well it it happened on your property. There was no cost last year for the alcohol permit. Unlike last Year, I am keeping my evening clear of gigs with the band to be able to stay to clean up.

Don't know why you think it's all on your shoulders. Finally, when did it come down to only one person making the decisions? You must feel like you are alone, but you really aren't. You have friends here. Call me! Don't make me send the sheep over to graze on your lawn!

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Guys, Waterloo does not work. When you need to run 45 minutes plus from your home to host it, it becomes VERY cumbersome and costly. Fred used Seneca park because it was a great forum very close to his home. This connection is gone. Mike it holding up his hand and volunteering to host this. Unless someone else is willing to take on this responsibility, and do it right like he did last year, then we need to be a little flexible.

My connection to WF is the people and the cars, not the park. Mike and I scouted out this park last year as a possible alternative. It has a great set up and might be better to display the cars in a more traditional show set up with 4 rows back to back.

There is another Microtel about 10 minutes away in Victor NY if that is a big draw. Mike, Michelle and Joel put this together last year. With little help from anyone else. Joel has a new little one so I am sure he is going to be pretty well tied up at home. If no one else has a solution and is willing to take the time, resources and expenses to do this, then we need to do it where it works for Mike. If a beer exchange was done after the fest at the Microtel it would still work.

I would hate to see the park or a beer exchange disrupt or destroy WF 2012.

Wagon Fest New York P8010147

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.965224,-77.36716&spn=0.002281,0.004823&t=h&z=18&lci=com.panoramio.all
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 pm

ok,. same point as before and dave is echoing it,. why is it mike leading the parade??
why is it you and mike are wanting to change the agenda,.??
If a 45 min drive is too far,. waht does it say for others investing hours of their time driving to this event?

As i stated i feel its a tradition,.

it,s quite simple no one needs to lead,.we all just need to participate,. clean up is easy with all hands on deck,.

and i know where everything is in the waterloo genenva area after all these years,. Wink

Having made these points i will say, if the majority chose mikes place so be it,.
i,ve said my piece,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:32 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
ok,. same point as before and dave is echoing it,. why is it mike leading the parade??
why is it you and mike wanting to changethe agenda,.??

As i stated i fell its a tradition,.

it,s quite simple no one needs to lead,.we all just need to participate,. clean up is easy with all hands on deck,.

Nick

Really Nick...... REALLY......

You may not see it. but putting this together requires work and planning. If no one leads it will fail. Mike stepped up last year and the year before and did a great job for us. If you do not have food at the park no one will stick around. It becomes an hour event. The success that WF has been is based on organization and preparation.

We should be thanking those who put these events together so we can just show up and have a good time. Instead you are giving Mike grief. Kind of like the grief and crap you gave him about Watkins Glenn only being 55 MPH. But you showed up and had a great time. "Thanks Mike and Joel for putting this together......", but no just grief.

Nice!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:45 pm

REALLY TIMMY,.

how about we just post up that wagon fest will be same time same place,.

NO t shirts this year,.

NO dopey prizes,.

NO dopey auction

Bring your own food and beer and have a great time,.and hang with all the other wagon owners,

there,. you and mike are now off the hook,.go do your own thing,

food keeps people around?? thats laughable,.

get off my case tim,.
your righteous indignation peeves me,. go cuddle up with mike and joel,.
and may your god bless all three of you,.
and leave wagon fest to me if necessary,. thanks for your input,.

I try to be diplomatic,.
I try to be reasonable,
I stated my opinion,.and my reasons for it,.
and as usual i gotta take heat for my opinion, even tho its been echo'd by two members already,.
meh,.
stop running defence for mike,. we all know you and he are real close,.but he is not personally under attack,. YOU are just insinuating it,.

Nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Well, since Daytona is out for me this year....I can't say for certain, but I would be very interested in coming this year. Would be a good way to set my goal for completing Jade. I REALLY want to drive around Watkins Glen...REALLY!! Smile

Mike, do you have a good sized lot?

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:11 pm

first i want to thank mike and joel for the hard work last years wf, and thank mike for opening his home for us this year. if i had a choice i would prefer the park. i am use to it being there and knowing my way around. my kids love the park with the lake and water park. i dont think bringing your own food and drink would be that bad. it is probably the biggest headache to hosting the event. the only help i would need is where is a good hoagie shop. if we can still rent a shelter that would be all we need. if it is to late for a shelter i could bring a EZ up tent and if others have them connect together. everone would need to cleanup after them selves. i could probably bring trophies again (would know for sure ltr in yr) with all that being said i would attend the wf whether at mikes or the park.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Ok..... Sorry to cause a stir. Let me restate my self, that I can't do it in Waterloo this year. I understand everyone wanting to keep it at Seneca State park, it has a lot going for it. If someone wants to keep it there, feel free to take it over. I'll come and help where I can. I'm sorry I didn't ask the rest of you, but Joel and I put WFNY together for the last 2 years and I didn't think of it. We've had help from others the day of, but it's the months of planing, getting everything to the park, and taking the trash back home that is the biggest issue. Who wants to take the used greasy charcoal home in there wagon? Not me. Joel has a lot going on in his life now, and he needs to take a step back. I was going to announce that Joel and I are not doing a NY WF this year, but I then thought about doing a small local one near my house.

After thinking about it for a week or so I figured I'll invite all. I'm 5 minutes from the NYS Thruway, it's semi rural where I live, and I have 3/4 of an archer lot, not huge, but I could do 12 cars easy at my house, squeeze 15. We had 26 cars last year at Seneca State park. I figured that if I got more signing up I would move it to a larger spot.... near my house. I've got cool neighbors that throw there own parties all hours of the night in the summer.

So if anyone is interested in my little WF let me know, I'll be happy to have any of you.
If the majority wants to keep it in Geneva, someone else has to organize it.

IMO, having people come to a semi organized event hoping there is room is not a good idea. We reserve a shelter so that we KNOW we have the space, and are entitled to it.

Mike

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 pm

I think everyone are making valid points of comparison and reference, So everyone PLEASE simply accept them for what they are.

The point of the whole event is us wagon folk getting together and do some bonding ( and Bondo-ing) for awhile, period. I have to side with Nick, that I don't go for the beer or for the trophies or the auction, or the food or any one specific thing. Those are all side issues to the real deal of getting together with you guys. All that other stuff makes it more enjoyable, but are not key. (well not key unless you want to give more free beer to me and another trophy to Shammoo)

I will say I am most appreciative of Mike's offer (or anyone's offer) to host the event at his home. It is most gracious, but would also admit that I see this as a step of last resort if a larger area such as a park were not available as a first choice, and we need an alternative. We would all agree it is unfair for him to take on the burden of the load where ever it is. I will do all I can.

Although Seneca State park is not the only park in the area, it sure is a nice one. I will call in the morning to find out if any other areas of the park might be available,. there were plenty of open areas for the past several events there. Admittedly, the Lodges may be all taken by now, but I'll see what options are open for an approximate group of forty vehicles.

If there is a suitable area open I'll get it reserved. Beyond that, we'll extend the search, Sampson state park is also near by. Money is not the issue, the bonding of friendship is.

Dave

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm also curious as to how many have already made vacation plans and/or motel reservations near by with specific intent of Wagonfest's presence nearby.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Like everyone has said, I realize Mike and Michelle, and Joel did a tremendous amount of work with well intentioned but minimal help. I also realize that Fred and Kelly did the same. I know everyone is appreciative of the work.

But you know what, those days are over. It's just too much work for too few people. Mike has 4 young children and Joel, 3 including a new one. I know Mike is doing all he can to keep this thing going. To make it do-able, I understand why it is at his house.

Here are the things (in no particular order) that I enjoy and that are somewhat important to me:

1. Love the Park, that place is beautiful and a great setting

2. Microtel and the BS parking lot sessions

3. Mac's drive-in

4. Saturday nite dinner someplace

5. Meeting at the parking lot across from Fred's old garage on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning

5. The Camaraderie with friends

6. I like going to the Diner and the Truck Stop

7. One year we also toured the wineries in the area

8. Every year at the same time, the Catholic Church in Waterloo has a festival. There was always a bunch that went Friday night.

I really appreciate all the work that has been done and I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but if it moved, it wouldn't be the same. I think if one was to make a list of what was important, it would probably look something like mine.

I have to agree with Nick also, eliminate the fluff, bring your own food and pickup your rubbish. That eliminates most of the work. As for Saturday nite at the restaurant......easy, let them know there will be a group. Give them a rough number and tell them you will call Saturday PM with a firm number. Sunday meet at the Diner.

If it is kept simple, it will work great; if you make it a lot of work, the wheels will come off. In all honesty it is probably close to that now. I have organized for the past 4 years something similar, but a smaller scale in NH. It is kept simple, not too much work and everyone has a good time. It's kind of the same thing every year, but it works. There has been as many as 27 cars.

I usually arrive Thursday, I would be glad to do something to help the cause. I would be glad to be in charge of reservations or anything!

As for your question Dave, I have made reservations, but I'm going to check just to make sure.

Tom

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 am

Hey guys. As you saw in my other thread, and as Mike has said, my life is full right now so I need to step back.

I appreciate the discussion and the offers to help. I like Geneva too; it's just the distance as Mike said that makes logistics challenging.

Hopefully this discussion can morph into an action plan that is doable for all.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 am

Having raised a family, they are all grown up and gone now, I can well understand how time will be a premium commodity in Mike's and Joel's life for quite some time to come. I'll step up to the plate on this one to act as coordinator for Wagonfest Northeast 2012. My sincere thanks and graditude to Joel and Mike that through thier efforts, they made they past events so great. I am only a shadow of their shoes.

I will be grateful any any assistance , thoughts and ideas you may have.

To that end,

Action plan:

Although the shelter we used last year has already been taken, I have reserved the 20x40 party tent that the state puts up annually. ( edit 0315/12 It is already paid for.) It will be just to the west of where we usually are set up. If you face the Lake, it will be further down that lane to the right by the ball fields. There is a clean bathroom facility nearby. No power though, so no hot coffee. (I doubt that's much of an issue) But at least if there is precipitation there is a shelter to be under.

So you can safely mark your calendars now. We are going to back to Seneca Lake State Park again on Saturday July 28th for Wagonfest Northeast 2012. I will post a locked informational thread about it sometime after April 1.

Done deal. It's going to happen.

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 am

Emotions run high with WagonFest, particularly the NY event. Let's step back folks and have a RATIONAL AND RESPECTFUL conversation about this. Just for the record, that's not a suggestion it's a statement. There are always differences in OPINION, that doesn't mean we can't get along.

Like many, I go to WF for the people, cars are secondary though obviously a big part of it. Would I prefer it stayed at it's prior location? Sure. But sometimes things change and we must change with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 am

Glad to see Dave, Tim, and others step up to the plate when Mike and Joel need to take time and deal with family things. Smile

I wish I could make the trek up there... could never afford the trip though. Sad
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 am

All, great news: I just made some calls and found out that the car show in downtown Geneva that WF coincided with a few years ago is again going to be on the same weekend as we are planning.

This car show was fantastic last time I attended. There was also a big parking lot full of food vendors too, and I enjoyed some good ethnic food for cheap as well (and yes I know, shrimp from Mac's does not count as ethnic food Embarassed ).

The cruise-in night will be Friday July 27th. Lori, the assistant (Geneva Business Improvement District - 315 789-0102 for my records), is currently finalizing paperwork and will have an active link posted soon. She says probably by 2/24/12 all of the planning will be done. She did say that they are in the midst of redoing their website so they don't have an active site up yet.

Old Link. You can see their previous registration form and vehicle rules there. Quick overview: If you enter, you have to leave your car parked there until 9:30pm and they won't reserve specific spots, so if you want to show your wagon alongside others, you'll need to plan to group together in advance.

Of other note, Lori mentioned that someone is planning a "cruise around the lake" during the day on Friday, to finish at a winery for wine tasting and there will be food available there. Just guessing here, I'm thinking this is a mid-morning or lunchtime dealy.

She added me to her email list; when I hear more, I'll add it in.

Wagon Fest New York Logo
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks Joel. It may prove to be a viable alternative for those not going to the Watkins Glen track , or for something to do when we return from there. (timing dependant) Thanks for the info and update.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Whoever is taking the ball with this if they need anything, drop me a line.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:18 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Emotions run high with WagonFest, particularly the NY event. Let's step back folks and have a RATIONAL AND RESPECTFUL conversation about this. Just for the record, that's not a suggestion it's a statement. There are always differences in OPINION, that doesn't mean we can't get along.

Like many, I go to WF for the people, cars are secondary though obviously a big part of it. Would I prefer it stayed at it's prior location? Sure. But sometimes things change and we must change with them.

Sorry if I caused any issues. I just do not want to see this go away, it is way to much fun.

sherlock9c1 wrote:
All, great news: I just made some calls and found out that the car show in downtown Geneva that WF coincided with a few years ago is again going to be on the same weekend as we are planning.

This car show was fantastic last time I attended. There was also a big parking lot full of food vendors too, and I enjoyed some good ethnic food for cheap as well (and yes I know, shrimp from Mac's does not count as ethnic food Embarassed ).

The cruise-in night will be Friday July 27th. Lori, the assistant (Geneva Business Improvement District - 315 789-0102 for my records), is currently finalizing paperwork and will have an active link posted soon. She says probably by 2/24/12 all of the planning will be done. She did say that they are in the midst of redoing their website so they don't have an active site up yet.

Old Link. You can see their previous registration form and vehicle rules there. Quick overview: If you enter, you have to leave your car parked there until 9:30pm and they won't reserve specific spots, so if you want to show your wagon alongside others, you'll need to plan to group together in advance.

Of other note, Lori mentioned that someone is planning a "cruise around the lake" during the day on Friday, to finish at a winery for wine tasting and there will be food available there. Just guessing here, I'm thinking this is a mid-morning or lunchtime dealy.

She added me to her email list; when I hear more, I'll add it in.

Wagon Fest New York Logo

Great info Joel.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Either way i'll be at wf 12 ny. should have my rmw freshley painted for it. now which shade of blue......................
anyway looking forward to meeting and hanging out my fellow wagon lovers
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:46 pm

[This car show was fantastic last time I attended. There was also a big parking lot full of food vendors too, and I enjoyed some good ethnic food for cheap as well (and yes I know, shrimp from Mac's does not count as ethnic food Embarassed ).

joel i for got about the shrimp Laughing
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks Dave, and again sorry for not checking with you before hand. I'll just retract my offer of WF at my house, Seneca Lake Park is ideal to me too. So Dave I will help the day of, and try to give you some tips, and assistance when I can.
I will still set up the Watkins Glen Tour if you like, since I was going that route anyway.

Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Let me know where I can help Dave.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 am

200OZ wrote:
Thanks Dave, and again sorry for not checking with you before hand. I'll just retract my offer of WF at my house, Seneca Lake Park is ideal to me too. So Dave I will help the day of, and try to give you some tips, and assistance when I can.
I will still set up the Watkins Glen Tour if you like, since I was going that route anyway.

Mike

Mike I would be most appreciative of you taking on that role, at least at a minimum to verify costs, if a group rate is still available, and to verify the track is accepting guests for that activity on that Friday.

My intent would be to follow last years schedule of events on Friday and Saturday, with the possible addition of attending the Friday night car show downtown in Geneva. My anticipation would be that more would like to simply view the other vehicles than would actually enter the show to display their own vehicle. That is yet to be seen. I suspect anyone going to the track would arrive back in Geneva too late to participate on display, but would still have plenty of time to view.

Secondly, having so much foodstuff readily available at the show may solve the Friday night meal plan, (or perhaps create objection) We''ll know soon enough by the responses this entry gets.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 am

To the others that have also expressed a willingness to help. I accept your kind offers.

I need to get my head around to the task, so hang in there, and I'll get back to you.

Joel gathered a tremendous amount of well thought out info, and gathered it in last years Wagonfest 2011 thread. Most of it is still applicable to this years needs and that can be copied over. We should all look at that to glean out the many nuggets that are in there. Found at:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t4068-wagonfest-ny-2011-official-info-registration

I suggest to my fellow forum members to continue to use this thread as place to hash out ideas, and later, a locked thread will be prepared for the specifics as they work them selves out and are ready for official publication.

Feel free to private message (PM) me as needed.

In peace and wagonhood, Dave Buchholz

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Haven't been on here for a while, but I'm glad to see WF '12 is still on!

To everyone that has made this event happen in the past, present, or future, I want to say thanks again. This has been a great annual event, and I always look forward to it. It has been quite a few years that I've shown up, hung out with wagon guys, wandered around the local establishments, and had some bubbly refreshments with friends.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't need to be more complicated than that. I'm driving about 5 hours to this event, and I like that when I show up I know the place - car wash, wally world, that chrome-looking diner somewhere out on the road, beer at Abigails... basically for me it's about just hanging out.

I realize that each year we have to decide how this is going to happen, and who is going to make it happen.... and I realize it is a lot of work (work that I've never helped with). To Nick's point, maybe we need to get a good understanding of what the group expects. Do we need to have a well organized lunch or dinner? Or do we play it by ear? Should we take a poll?

All I need to know is that some of the long-timers (and new ones as well!) are coming to New York on the last weekend in July and I will show up. It's as simple as that.

Having said that, lakeffect, I will contact you to see how I can help.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Good questions all.

Anyone want to prepare of poll to get a handle on preferences?
I'd suggest make it a separate thread to be answered by those actually going.

But I'd also point out, to be fair, if you have no intention of coming, please don't answer such a poll as to be skewing the answers for those who are coming.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Good questions all.

Anyone want to prepare of poll to get a handle on preferences?
I'd suggest make it a separate thread to be answered by those actually going.

But I'd also point out, to be fair, if you have no intention of coming, please don't answer such a poll as to be skewing the answers for those who are coming.

Preferences on?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Group expectations, preferences, priorities while attending wagon fest weekend. I suggest questions based on comments or references made with this thread.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 am

I will be there for sure,.. and I will be bringing a cooler to feed my own crew. I have no problem bringing charcoal and hauling the ashes away if need be. I just prefer to get there and enjoy the other wagons and people. Simple as that, my kids can wander off and play at the beach. I'll try and get there on thursday this year to help you out in anyway I can.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 am

ok so we have never been to any of the fests. Iam willing to help out any way i can. send me a message and let me know. have a cooler to bring drinks and maybe food if decided that we have a bbq also have a 3x3 flip top grill maybe 2 grills. maybe we could all pitch in a little cash at the meat market and have a nice cook out or something. just a suggestion let me know how i can help.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 am

I will be there. I plan on coming up on Thursday sometime and leaving on Sunday afternoon. Dave - You have my phone, please call when you get your mind wrapped around the task.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 am

Whoops, I retract my comment. How did I miss that! Thanks for taking up the cause Dave! I'll be going and be glad to bring my own food or bring something to share if people want to do that.

Last edited by Lynol on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 am

Lynol, you better catch up on your reading. Mike is not doing it at his house anymore. Dave "lakeffect is running it at the park where it always has been.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Lynol, you better catch up on your reading. Mike is not doing it at his house anymore. Dave "lakeffect is running it at the park where it always has been.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I need to pay more attention!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:41 pm

i will be coming hopefully thurs . if not friday. i was holding off making reservations wanted to see if it was a go. i will call this weekend and make them. i will pick up sandwiches for my crew when i am up there. i will help out where ever needed thanks dave for getting this going
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks to all for the kindness. Gotta get my body past this wekend, then dig in to the task at hand.. will report back with ideas and needs. If you look through the link to last years fest listed above, That would get us all on the same starting page(s)

Dave
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Id like to come..but waiting on track details... that looked awesome last year
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 pm

The Watkins Glen Thunder Road Tour is on Friday, July 27th.

It's 3 paced laps around the famed road coarse, 55mph, or so, depends on who's pacing the cars, last year we all saw 85 ish.... except for the tbi's of course. We can try to line the wagons up on the starting grid for a group shot after the 2nd lap, so bring your camera men/women. The track photographer may or may not be there, we won't know until we get there.

I'm thinking we can all drive down together leaving from the Waterloo School parking lot, or at the Geneva Wegman's (pit stop) at 2:30pm, stopping in the village of Watkins Glen at "The Shop" to get the tickets, and then head to the track.

Prices are $25.00 per car, unless we get 10 or more then the rate drops to $15.00 per car.

Passengers of any age are welcome to ride along, so bring the kids.

Wagon Fest New York 73011051

We can't forget the shot of Dave "driving". No
Wagon Fest New York 20110729_WGI_OPT_4810

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 pm

That is such a cool shot of sidepipe Dave plowing around the corner :lol!.Actually Dave,it looks
like you have your wagon taking a pretty good line thru the curve.Get a dash mount for your
camera please.On the first lap it looks like it was snowing with all that fleece blowing out the windows! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:19 am

Well I told my other half I am leaving on thursday for sure. I just need to see if micromotel has room for us or me? LOL.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

The little sheep hooves couldn't press the shutter button.

Hey, at least I wasn't texting.

(My wife wasn't screaming to me that the speed limit in New York is 55 either, like someone we know.)

Wagon Fest New York Wagonfestphtos061
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 pm

lakeffect wrote:
(My wife wasn't screaming to me that the speed limit in New York is 55 either, like someone we know.)

Wagon Fest New York Wagonfestphtos061

lol!........ That IS the best part of the video. I lost my camera person for this year. She did not enjoy the 85mph part quit as much as the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest New York   Wagon Fest New York Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Fest New York
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next