GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

windshield washers dont work

Go down 
+4
jimbeau
chazman44
buickestate
DROLDS2U
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

windshield washers dont work Empty
PostSubject: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 21:24

in my new roadie both dont work, fuse llooks good, is there a relay somewhere ??? where else should i look
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 21:44

is there fluid ?
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 22:14

wow, never thought of that... lol yes its full
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 22:57

ok

quick easy test, take the washer tank off your wrecked wagon and plug it's washer pumps with the wires from your new wagon and see if they work. if they do then you know its the pumps on the new wagon if they don't then you know it's wires or bad relay/ fuses

the pumps can and do fail. Replaced the ones on my 91 a year before it was written off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 23:08

Please note that this test is only effective if you know for sure that the wrecked wagons pump
was not damaged in your accident AND that it worked prior to accident.Otherwise carry on as
Pat has stated. bounce
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 23:13

i will go to my personal parts wagon and check the pumps , maybe before i swap all the woodgrain moldings tomorrow, if it doesnt rain
Back to top Go down
chazman44

chazman44

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 7:39

They worked front and rear when I had it, make sure hoses aren't clogged on new one.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 17:21

I am near death; still trying to pull myself up off the hard floor and regain my mental faculties.. but this episode will make me stronger.
Pat... PAT... has given some technical advice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 17:31

Pat,please keep up with the advice giving for jimbeau's sake! lol!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 18:15

My 1A2's front pump has been out for over a year, rear works fine though. No power was getting to the pump at all. The solution: carry a spray bottle of washer fluid in car at all times Razz
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 18:26

DROLDS2U wrote:
in my new roadie both dont work, fuse llooks good, is there a relay somewhere ??? where else should i look

Oooh. This is serious. I would deem this new RM totalled as well now and go shop for a third. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012 - 10:21

i have no money left, but will set up a paypal acct for donations
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012 - 20:55

washers are working, swapped from parts wagon , couldnt believe both were dead
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012 - 20:58

good work!
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012 - 9:49

Dun Dun Duuuuun! Crisis averted, thanks to the efforts of DROLDS2U superhero extrodinaire and his faithful side kick Total Roadie, the whale that lives out of the sea. Very Happy Man that was my favorite segment of who's line is it anyway; Superheros.

Glad it was an easy fix for ya, with out the added cost of new parts. If only all repairs could be so easy and cost effective 'sigh'.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012 - 19:22

i also had bad supports on hatch glass, totalled roadie saved me again
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012 - 23:07

Yay parts cars!
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012 - 23:27

unfortunately i have a good one ,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: windshield washers dont work   windshield washers dont work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

windshield washers dont work
Page 1 of 1