GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Escalde Bose front speakers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Escalde Bose front speakers Empty
PostSubject: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 am

I just mounted some Bose front speakers in my doors and man does that thing sound nice and crisp. Just what I've been looking for and it was free. A little trimming and cut a notch at the bottom and they went right in,.. no screws.

Escalde Bose front speakers 003-1
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 am

Are those not made to work with tweeters? I know on our '03 Suburban the Bose speakers that fit in the lower and I have tweeters in the A-pillars. In the 96 and 98 Suburbans the setup was kind of like the 94-96 Roady, with both the mid and tweet in the door itself.

Nice mod regardless!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes. I have the tweeters for the A-pillars too. Just need to take the time to run those next. Changing out my radio today as well since the cd player went kaput. Bought a Calrion unit to put in.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Cool deal. Hope to see the "fisnished" pics when your done. Have fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:51 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
I just mounted some Bose front speakers in my doors and man does that thing sound nice and crisp. Just what I've been looking for and it was free. A little trimming and cut a notch at the bottom and they went right in,.. no screws.

Escalde Bose front speakers 003-1
What diameter are those speakers? I am told round ones sound better than the oval 4x6. Will 6.5" fit? Or do I need to go down to 5.25"?
COL
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:39 pm

If you can seal around the speaker, it will sound much better. Nice fit though!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:14 am

The Speakers had those covers on the backside of them. Or are you talking about all the factory holes in the door. I was wondeing if I covered them all up if it would make it sound better.

COL: I'll measure them and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escalde Bose front speakers   Escalde Bose front speakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escalde Bose front speakers
Page 1 of 1