GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Headliner installed!!!!

Go down 
+7
1993 Roady-man
81X11
87customcruiser
Krash Kadillak
BoxWagon
sherlock9c1
cammerjeff
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cammerjeff

cammerjeff

New Headliner installed!!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 am

Well after 2 years of putting up with the classic Boxie sagging headliner, I reached an agreement with a Local Upholstry Shop that I have done buisness with for years. I traded Labor with the owner, I removed and replaced the worn out 290 V-8 with a fresh 401 V-8 in his 66 Marlin. I had been bugging him all winter to do the Hadliner in my Imala as promished, and after a wait of several months for him to complete a couple of paying jobs, he got to my Wagon. So for the cost of materials, and $100 to have him recover the Sunvisors in the same Material as the head liner. The Tiki Pala now has a Beautiful new head liner. Now I just have to get modivated to vacuum out all the old foam backing debris and dog hair from the car!!!!
And just to add to the Wagon list of things to do, I found a 83 Caprice wagon in a local yard that had the Carpeted cargo area in the same tan color of my 78, so I grabbed them and the rubber mounting strips for the cargo floor carpet. So now I will have to find time to swap out the rear panels, and get some carpet installed so the greyhounds stop doing 2 cushion shots off the side and rear panels as I corner the Tiki to fast!!!!!

Some After Shots of the Headliner

New Headliner installed!!!! IMG_1037_zpsd3622615
New Headliner installed!!!! IMG_1038_zps1052d054
New Headliner installed!!!! NewSunvisor_zpsee67d824

The same car that had the Side panels also had the optional dome and reading light combo so I will install that soon also!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 am

Looks beautiful. I remember my father having the same problem with his box Caprices. Finally paid somebody to redo the headliner and it looked great ever since.
Back to top Go down
BoxWagon

BoxWagon

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Looks great. I'm waiting for mine to start sagging, my fingers are crossed though.
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:42 am

Looks familiar.....

New Headliner installed!!!! 148904_545998458753433_1416151400_n
Back to top Go down
87customcruiser

87customcruiser

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

I had the Cruiser's headliner done a couple of years ago, one of the first things I did. When I bought the car the old headliner was hanging down, other than a few places held on with duct tape. It looked so bad I ripped the remains out before my wife saw the car for the first time....I knew she would throw a fit about the ratty "ceiling" in the car. lol!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:38 am

Looks really good!!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:20 am

Well done looks great!
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Looks really incredible I gotta find a place that can do my 86 caprice estate wagon and my 88 custom cruiser and how much it would be. They don't look too too bad yet but their getting there
Back to top Go down
88LT1wagon

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Wow, that looks nice. My '88 is the first car I've had where the ceiling fell down, and it did it right after I bought it Mad I've been thinking about getting it fixed, but so many other things come first...
Back to top Go down
cammerjeff

cammerjeff

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks for the kind words, the car is nickel and diming me at the moment (really cant complain considering its age and just turning 100,000 miles) Sense the head liner install, rear wheel cylinder, master cylinder, fuel pump, and now the blower motor, A/C works just no Blower Motor!!!!
And I still have the new rear speakers, and the Carpeted rear cargo panels to install when I find the time.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:36 am

Nice work, looks great.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:54 am

Looks great, and those visors came out really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Headliner installed!!!!   New Headliner installed!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Headliner installed!!!!
Page 1 of 1