GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....

Go down 
+20
GN1220
1993 Roady-man
brokecello
phantom 309
Gastt
sherlock9c1
81X11
benn
JoeT
jayoldschool
s1l1sc
buickestate
Krzdimond
Sprocket
200OZ
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
COL
silverfox103
Olds Weighty Eight
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Empty
PostSubject: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 12:36

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... 150812_10200581786253751_116290462_n

Or... I know what I'm doing with my spring break.

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 13:13

Bummer! How'd that happen?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 13:28

WTF happened Ray and I hope it wasnt your fault?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 13:40

Guy in my blind spot.

I don't know if I fix it... or find another one and donate this one to Grimace... or... what.

Texas Mike, I need some Craigslist magic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:04

Stingroo wrote:
Guy in my blind spot.

I don't know if I fix it... or find another one and donate this one to Grimace... or... what.

Texas Mike, I need some Craigslist magic?

Ray,with the amount of glass these wagons have,there is no such thing as a blind spot so what really happened?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:15

That is what happened. lol I glanced in the mirror, thought it was clear, he was right alongside the D pillar and got tagged.

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:16

Ray, I sure hope you still will be coming. I know today is not one of your better days, but you have to deal with it and work your way through it. Last year at WF in Virginia I had the bad day. My tranny went in the wagon, 700 miles from home. But the wagon community was there to help. Mike (DBeaSST) was there to smooth a couple of bumps out. Had to have it flatbedded home. But within 10 days it was all fixed, luckily I had a spare tranny.

How about going to a vocational high school with an autobody program. See if they can help you out. As bad as that fender looks right now, it may be salvageable. There's enough of us hoarders that can help you with parts. TX Mike can find anything, JY Fred certainly knows the yards in FL if you need a fender and Sprocket would be right there to help.

Don't be afraid to ask for help

Tom
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:19

Prevention technique: Turn head to the right before changing lane. That is really too bad.
COL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:26

COL wrote:
Prevention technique: Turn head to the right before changing lane. That is really too bad.
COL

Duly noted.

I'm going to look into the voc tech schools and see what they have up here in Jacksonville. I know down by my parents there isn't one (ridiculous!).
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:35

COL wrote:
COL
Exactly! After a couple close calls years ago I hardly trust my mirrors anymore. Cars can and do hide.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:36

I think Robert can buff that out!!

Kidding of course, sorry to see it happen. Can you find a good quarter and skin it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:38

I think that's what's going to have to happen. I can't weld, though. I put a call into my cousin who works at a body shop. He might be able to do it on the side or something. He's the one who helped me out when I had my wheel detachment debacle. lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 15:30

That sucks dude. But don't miss out on the show because of it. Car wasn't going to take home any awards anyways (no offense), so why should it matter if it's got a bruise or not? You're still gonna be the same guy, hanging out with the same guys, having a Hell of a time! You'll just have one more new story to tell. Wink

So suck it up, and go have a good time! Razz
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 15:32

Bill is right!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 16:01

X2 Ray,car is completely safe and drivable.All you need to do is get your state of mind back to
normal and get your skinny butt down there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 16:16

Eh. I don't know. It sucks looking at it like this.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 17:33

Sorry to see your car all bunged up Ray. I'm glad you're ok though.

A better story would be that the police were chasing you after they caught you doing burnouts, you tried to get away, but they pulled a pitt maneuver on ya'... and the rest is history.
Oh wait.... you have a tbi wagon, never mind.

Cheer up, it gets better.
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 18:14

I took a closer look at it. It looks mostly fixable. The crease line along the top, just under the glass, is unharmed 99%. There is a little bit of damage there right in front of the tail light. The rest is straight.

There is damage to the wheel opening, but it's minor, so I might be able to weld on a new quarter skin and just paint it.

There's hope... assuming I can get my hands on a skin.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 20:19

He'll be at Daytona, he's already registered Smile Sooner or later we all do something like this.
I told you about hitting the guy less than a week after I got my Blazer back from paint.

I also had another k-5 that I peel the sheet metal back on trying to go around the back of a semi trailer. peeled it back like a bannana skin.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 20:27

Sprocket wrote:
He'll be at Daytona, he's already registered Smile Sooner or later we all do something like this.
I told you about hitting the guy less than a week after I got my Blazer back from paint.

I also had another k-5 that I peel the sheet metal back on trying to go around the back of a semi trailer. peeled it back like a bannana skin.....

You're not ever driving my wagon!Been driving 42 years and had one minor accident!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 23:21

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

LOL. The Roo is flat black, so buffing would look funny...... but I know where I can get my hands on a 5 gallon bucket of Bondo.... I've gotten good with Bondo.. LOL
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 23:52

Krzdimond wrote:
BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

LOL. The Roo is flat black, so buffing would look funny...... but I know where I can get my hands on a 5 gallon bucket of Bondo.... I've gotten good with Bondo.. LOL

and then when it rains it will all wash off!

it could be a fun project at wagonfest! not the first time a wagon got pretty over night at wagonfest!

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Satinbloo

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Satinblue

ray it could have been worse..... so pucker up and be there
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 9:31

it runs, it drives, go and hang out!
still haven't fixed my back bumper from getting hit - yeah, it sucks looking at it the way it is, but it can be fixed when you have the time. Shouldn't keep you from hanging out with the rest of the guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 11:21

NSFW (not safe for wagons)

https://imgur.com/a/aKC22
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 12:13

As painful as those pics are to look at, I don't see ANYTHING that prevents it from being able to be driven to Daytona. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 13:57

Look at it this way,now is a great time to improve on your dent removal skills.Harbor freight has
a good selection of tools for repairing dents but nothing for damaged self esteem! cheers
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 14:47

Suck it up and go to the show!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 15:15

I got a 6lb hand sledge and all kinds of wood, noproblemo magn...

You dont screw around when you merge do you?
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 15:24

Sprocket wrote:
I got a 6lb hand sledge and all kinds of wood, noproblemo magn...
I was thinking the exact same thing looking at those photos. Good chance that the bulk of that could be beat back out in short order. A little shot of flat satin black and you're off to Daytona.

Last edited by Olds Weighty Eight on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OK. Satin.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 15:31

Satin, dammit!

lolololol
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 15:39

Sledgehammer, 2x4, pry bar, maybe a slide hammer, body hammers, grinder, bucket of bondo, sandpaper, primer, a few cans of satin black. Good as new. Well... as good as it's going to get.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:04

Stingroo, don't fix it!

Just get one or two of these, slap em on and drive it proudly to WF:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... 51XEZI4VHzL._SX450_

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00282UUUS/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:30

joe i dont know if a girl like that would wanna be stuck to the side of a wagon...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:58

JoeT wrote:
Stingroo, don't fix it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00282UUUS/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

I am seriously considering that... but I am fixing it. Somehow...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:48

Stingroo wrote:
Satin, dammit!

lolololol

See? Now you understand, right? lol! Very Happy

And bring the materials (except for paint) and have everyone have a hand in straightening it out at the show! Give ya something to do. May even draw some event coverage attention. Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 20:12

Stingroo wrote:
Satin, dammit!

lolololol

Don't you mean primer black? Very Happy

jayoldschool wrote:
Sledgehammer, 2x4, pry bar, maybe a slide hammer, body hammers, grinder, bucket of bondo, sandpaper, primer, a few cans of satin black. Good as new. Well... as good as it's going to get.

Sounds like a plan to me...... I was amazed how well we got my son's Monte after he crushed my rear quarter.

JoeT wrote:
Stingroo, don't fix it!

Joe, not sure what they do on the west coast, but we do NOT put small ethnic women on the outside of our cars for ANY reason. I think it is illegal. LOL
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013 - 20:16

benn wrote:
joe i dont know if a girl like that would wanna be stuck to the side of a wagon...

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck...

Why, I oughta!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:15

Oh man I hate to see this!! I know you're sick about it.

Here's you an LT1 Caprice I've been thinking about calling on. It's also hit, on the doors sadly. Curious how bad. Only 109K miles and a Texas car.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3563349022.html - $1200

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... 3Fb3J93N75N95G55K7d1m15d3fbf08e2210b2

That said, after Texas it seems like Forida has a TON of good wagons.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/3517971540.html - $1000 in your area!

Or just go rob a 7-11 and buy this gorgeous thing!
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/3568150977.html

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... 3Ef3Kc3k65Ia5Nb5G9d1o093e3df7339715d7

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:36

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 12:04

Curios to see what the fleetwood will go for with a $43K orig price tag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 16:46

So I got an estimate...

$500 to repair the quarter. I asked if that meant repairing what was there or re-skinning it. He said he would repair what was there, but if necessary, reskin at no additional cost. $500 flat.

$800 if he repaints the whole car.

Turnaround time: one week.

Hmmm.... Realistically, I spent about $300 on my paint and supplies myself. This could be feasible.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 16:49

I say fix it. You've done too much work on that one to part it out. That said, I'd have him re-skin it rather than slather it with bondo.

Keep us in the loop!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 16:52

He said he'd work the metal. It'd just be coming up with the $800 or so.

I can't see myself getting rid of this thing. I love it too much.

Besides, $800 doesn't buy me a running, driving, tow-capable vehicle either. Scrap value is like $500 tops, and if $800 won't do it, $500 surely won't.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 17:09

Wow, $500? I'd jump on that yesterday. You're right - you can't get into anything else for that money.

Oh, and go to the show anyway. Take white spray paint, and go out there and write "BLIND SPOT" over the sheet metal. You'll get a lot of good laughs from that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 17:11

I'll have the money, but not for a few weeks. I think I'm going to do it. Maybe I'll leave the car with him over Spring Break, take the train home, and pick it up when I get back.

Then I can work on Grimace over SB and we'll bring both cars. :p

Who knows?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 17:50

Geez. That's ridiculous. I think you should stay home. Razz
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 18:55

toomanytoyz wrote:

other drivers would feel safer........ tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 19:45

buickestate wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

other drivers would feel safer........ tongue

Now thats just plain mean! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 19:50

I thought about painting, 'thanks Honey' where my wife hit my quarter but figured I might cause, um, disharmony in the homestead, lol.

Ray, go for the 500 and splash the paint on yourself. It's not hard to blend SATIN black, lol. I figure one can should do it. Bring it to Daytona and well shoot it in the hotel parking lot. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013 - 22:35

Sprocket wrote:
Bring it to Daytona and well shoot it in the hotel parking lot. Smile

WHO does THAT????? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next