GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....

Go down 
+20
GN1220
1993 Roady-man
brokecello
phantom 309
Gastt
sherlock9c1
81X11
benn
JoeT
jayoldschool
s1l1sc
buickestate
Krzdimond
Sprocket
200OZ
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
COL
silverfox103
Olds Weighty Eight
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Wow, if all that work is being done for that original price quote, you better take care of that guy! Find his favorite beverage or restaurant or something and hook that mo-fo UP! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:22 pm

It is. I have asked that question REPEATEDLY and his response to me today was, "If I were in this to get rich, I wouldn't drive a 20 year old Chevy pickup truck. I'd have a Duramax."

He's slow, but damn it he's good.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Wow, if all that work is being done for that original price quote, you better take care of that guy! Find his favorite beverage or restaurant or something and hook that mo-fo UP! Very Happy

No ****! I'm thinking of driving my car 330 miles and dropping it off for a couple of months!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm

LOL! I'll shuttle you back to the airport/train station. :p
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 am

Dammm yeah that is dirt cheap for what he is doing, looking good.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 am

Stingroo wrote:
More pics! Man, I suddenly feel much better after seeing this today:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 PMUnxgth

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 V1kFnI1h

I'm confused. In the first pic it looks like all of the original metal has been smoothed out but the second pic looks like another piece welded to the inside? Did he remove all of the spare tire mounts to gain access to the quarter? And congrats for saving it. I've seen too many of these cars in the junkyard with far less damage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 am

Removed the spare tire mounts because it was in the way. I don't know what's happening with that piece, I assume it will be straightened and tacked into place again when the quarter is completely done.

As for this shop... I'm getting more annoyed. He's taking forever, missing every estimate and deadline he's provided so far. If I lose my Spring Break because of this, I will be BEYOND furious.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 am

Stingroo wrote:
Removed the spare tire mounts because it was in the way. I don't know what's happening with that piece, I assume it will be straightened and tacked into place again when the quarter is completely done.

As for this shop... I'm getting more annoyed. He's taking forever, missing every estimate and deadline he's provided so far. If I lose my Spring Break because of this, I will be BEYOND furious.

Any progress since the pics on the 6th?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 pm

I was there on the 8th, and no. No progress then. I can't get down there without a car, unless I bum rides from friends.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Take the car, unfinished if need be. Then bring it back....?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Maybe. Depends on how cool he is with that idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Well, he returned my call. He took yesterday off because he said he was feeling sick. Said it was being worked on as I called.

Tentatively, Wednesday.

God I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Why can't we see the vid? It shows up when I "post a reply" and scroll down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Pretty much exactly how I feel right now. >_<
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:43 pm

So he said this wed correct? If you don't have it wed night I would show up thursday am and leave with the car. Just take it back when spring break is over. Don't let the body shop ruin your plans. And don't pay until the job is complete!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:50 pm

True enough. We'll see what tonight's photos look like.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:57 pm

He's working on it this weekend? If true that is a plus. Seems most of these body guys are the same; do it cause they love it, do it cheap, and have it in a reasonable time. The ones that do an excellent job and have excellent customer service are the ones I could never afford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah. He's just missed the reasonable time bit with this job.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:42 pm

"I do things fast, good, and cheap" Pick any TWO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 pm

I know, I know, but I'm still upset that he just kept the car for so long before even starting.

We'll see what happens later tonight and throughout the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:17 pm

GN1220 wrote:
He's working on it this weekend? If true that is a plus. Seems most of these body guys are the same; do it cause they love it, do it cheap, and have it in a reasonable time. The ones that do an excellent job and have excellent customer service are the ones I could never afford.

Those are the same guys with their own TV shows and their own booths at SEMA.Not really but it seems that way sometimes.The other real good ones are wagon nuts with bad knees(this mean you Jarrod). lol!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm

cheers Oh and by the way my "knee" is fine now, i'm even taking zumba classes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 am

Good for you Jarrod,how tough are those classes for beginners?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 am

JUST got these photos via text from the body guy:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Zgg1sww

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 RGYxnVv
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:16 am

Sweet
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 am

Hey it's looking good hope u get iut in time.

Jim: not to bad but they are tough.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:21 am

Good deal! Glad to see it's coming together!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:54 pm

We'll find out tonight, I guess.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Stingroo wrote:
We'll find out tonight, I guess.

...or not. Razz
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:06 am

Any updates?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 am

Still not done. SUPPOSEDLY it's fully primed and going to be painted today.

I have a friend going to stop by and get pictures today. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Well damn! Apparently it's done and baking in the oven RIGHT NOW.

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Want me to police you up on my way south?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Currently, I am further South than Daytona.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

I know, figured you would have to return that truck sometime.....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Robert freaks me out when his pool noodle is on.....wait that sounds wrong
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Soooooooo....? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Well... I made it to the show, but the car isn't done.

It looks GREAT from 5 feet. Up close, I'm not happy with it, and neither is the body guy.

After putting the tail lights back on, he realized that he pushed the quarter panel out a bit too far, so it's lost its coke-bottle shape that follows the tail light. He wants to put it back right (good. I want it back, too). Also, the roof rack had to be painted because he said it looked like ass. He also forgot to fill the holes on the bumper cover, because it came from a RMW. I will remind him of this.

Here are photos:

Fresh out of the spray booth:
SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 269359_10201025784833438_1888516750_n

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 388487_10201025785553456_664913609_n

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 69208_10201025786233473_1400008334_n

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 487501_10201025786593482_111136270_n

However, in typical fashion... it was not without incident....

I got this photo on Friday, mid-afternoon:
SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Xzo3Awk

I was worried. His wife swore he was working on it, and that it would be sprayed in time, and make the show. I was skeptical, but she kept me in the loop.

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 3ZygLpQ

Despite all of that, he did come through. As mentioned above, the roof rack isn't on it yet because it didn't look nice. The car arrived. The hood ornament hole was shaved as promised (which he didn't charge me extra for), and I won the coveted People's Choice flamingo:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 7952_10201038089981059_712564178_n

Loading up to go home...
SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 283547_10201038089261041_1279754227_n

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Looks pretty good to me Ray!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 pm

I'll take a photo of what I'm talking about tomorrow. It's very obvious when you get next to the car. From 5 feet though? 10 feet? Yeah. Looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 am

Hell, for what you paid for it, I think it looks great! I'm really glad you were able to get it to Daytona, too. Congrats! Looks good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 am

^ +1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 am

I agree, but he's the one who offered to straighten (well... un-straighten, in this case?) the body line. I'll accept that. :p
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:32 am

Well, all I know is I'm paying a heck of a lot more than you did (like more than triple Shocked ), and my car didn't have any real damage to repair. Just a few dings... You did pretty alright in my book. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 am

Yeah. Paint and body are scary expensive. I lucked out.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am

Ray it looked great in person! I love the red cloth bonnies.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am

Looks great to me, and really glad you made the show!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next