GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....

Go down 
+20
GN1220
1993 Roady-man
brokecello
phantom 309
Gastt
sherlock9c1
81X11
benn
JoeT
jayoldschool
s1l1sc
buickestate
Krzdimond
Sprocket
200OZ
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
COL
silverfox103
Olds Weighty Eight
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Well really, the whole car needs a repaint. There's chips and stuff because I didn't lay enough down.

I don't know. We'll see what happens. I need to pay the BS ticket first before I think about fixing the car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Alright, alright... it's getting fixed.

I need to source a rear bumper cover, though. That's the only stipulation. Also, for my sanity, a pair of tail lights hopefully.

Gonna go yarding Sunday, there are 2 Caprice wagons in my local yard. Hopefully it works out.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:49 pm

Congrats, Ray! Glad it's going to work out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 pm

Me too. I'd be seriously saddened if I lost this car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 pm

Stingroo wrote:

I need to source a rear bumper cover, though. That's the only stipulation. Also, for my sanity, a pair of tail lights hopefully.

Gonna go yarding Sunday, there are 2 Caprice wagons in my local yard. Hopefully it works out.
Whats the matter with those smoked tailights?
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:33 pm

So, you're probably coming to Daytona.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

Whats the matter with those smoked tailights?

The one on the passenger side is damaged. I'm going to try and sand it clean, but the scratch looks kinda deep. I'm not sure yet.

The driver's side one is okay, but I cracked the surround on it and re-glued it, and it is notceable. I also figure if I'm going to re-smoke the one after sanding, I'll need to re-smoke the other so they're uniform. Might as well get another set, if I can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 pm

Gastt wrote:
So, you're probably coming to Daytona.

Likely, yes. lol
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:35 pm

LOL! Nice.

Yeah, just got one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Figures now that you found one,everybody is going to have one for sale.CHEAP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Something has arrived....

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 404520_10200769007654169_707487448_n
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Lake pipes????
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:12 pm

you talking about the new dent in the tailgate?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

that dent has been there awhile. Maybe the body guy will fix it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm

He will. We talked about it. lol
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm

It's a new pair of snow skis and poles! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Is that a 2'x2'x10' piece of foam that you will glue to the side of the car for lane changes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:48 pm

No, but I'm gonna whack you with it when you make it back to Florida next....
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Nice. I'm super happy you are getting this thing fixed. It's the ROOwagon! It must live on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm

I had to. There was no way.

I briefly toyed with the idea of finding something else, but there was NOTHING WORTH OWNING that was even close in price, and nothing PERIOD for the $800 it's taking to fix this car. It has no problems. It runs just fine, it's not rusty, it's customized how I want it, and really - EVERYBODY knows me by my car. It's creepy.

I also bought all new front end bits for it - so that'll be Spring Break. Come Daytona, it'll look better than ever AND handle better than ever.

I'm excited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Stingroo wrote:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 404520_10200769007654169_707487448_n

Thought it was your new heavy duty self inflating girl friend! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:20 pm

I want my car back. Sad
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

you going to check your blind spots from now on?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I want my car back. Sad

And your car status, Ray? Progress, I hope.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Just got this photo from the body guy:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 NXU7PSg

Progress!
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 am

Damn that's looking good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed. Fast, perhaps not, but as long as it comes out looking good I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:12 am

Who cares how long it takes as long as its done for Daytona and looks good.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 am

It doesn't match. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 am

Gastt wrote:

Well... I care. It's my only vehicle. Neutral

Crovo - lol.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 am

Stingroo wrote:
Gastt wrote:

Well... I care. It's my only vehicle. Neutral

Crovo - lol.

That's why I always try to have AT LEAST 2 vehicles. Sometimes 3 or 4. Wink

Forgive me for assuming everyone who has one of these old cars has a backup. Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Stingroo wrote:

Full width convex rear view mirror??

Nick Laughing
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 am

Har har.

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 am

Sorry Ray,it sounded funny at the time and I meant no harm to you!You had a accident and have probably punished yourself enough already.Car appears to be coming along nicely and I am glad you found an honest and fair body guy.Hopefully youre wagon will be better than before.

Last edited by Flasheroo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 am

Stingroo wrote:
Just got this photo from the body guy:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 NXU7PSg

Progress!

Just about ready for you to paint!! Looking good!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Sorry Ray,it sounded funny at the time and I meant no harm to you!You had a accident and have probably punished yourself enough already.Car appears to be coming along nicely and I am glad you found an honest and fair body guy.Hopefully youre wagon will be better than before.

Honest, fair, and really slow. If it's not done by this weekend, I'll be taking it elsewhere. This should be fun.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am

Looking good! Glad you're fixing it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Newest update, from like... 5 minutes ago:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 S4O2Ew8

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 J95d8PR
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 pm

OK, why are they sanding the whole side of the wagon? Will it remain matte?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Yes. The satin finish will remain. It's getting a full repaint.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 pm

looking good
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm

I wouldn't take it anywhere else, he's giving it the full treatment for what you are spending, may have to ride him a bit to get it done before spring break. stop by daily and be a PITA
he'll grow tired of you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah. That's the plan.

I told him I might have a new job lined up that starts soon (which is only half a lie - the job is on campus, but hey!), and that I would need wheels.

New ETA: Saturday.

IMPATIENT!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Keep the pics coming. Looking good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 pm

More pics! Man, I suddenly feel much better after seeing this today:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 PMUnxgth

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 V1kFnI1h

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Cwmlkkdh

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 VdsRJh1h

He said he's going to fill the hood ornament hole too, since I asked about it - gratis.

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 KUQFfzIh

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 TrjXfAZh

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 KpPhej8h

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:38 pm

It's almost a shame to go back to Satin since you've done all that work too it. It'll look great no matter what, but after all that sanding I'd want to try a new look. You going back with Satin Black?

Loving the pics, please keep them coming!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Yep. Staying satin black forever. I know it's polarizing, but eh - at this point (ESPECIALLY at this point) I don't plan on ever selling it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Wow,this guy is going all out and thats great!Taking it down to bare metal and then starting over shows this guy wants to do the job right and cares about how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next