GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....

Go down 
+20
GN1220
1993 Roady-man
brokecello
phantom 309
Gastt
sherlock9c1
81X11
benn
JoeT
jayoldschool
s1l1sc
buickestate
Krzdimond
Sprocket
200OZ
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
COL
silverfox103
Olds Weighty Eight
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am

Do everything you can to keep a good relationship with that body guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 pm

For sure. lol

I already asked his wife what he likes to drink. I'm on it. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Well let's see what he'll charge me to tackle this mess:

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 524174_10201066006838963_1489342367_n

Both front doors still open with no noises or abnormalities. Car still runs and drives. Radiator not busted (it didn't overheat on the way home).

Anybody got a FRONT bumper cover? lol

Oh, and a hood? And a set of cornering lights.... and a set of Fleetwood horns (this KO'd my air horns), and a grille/support?

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 pm

You've GOT to be kidding me! Sad

Dude, time for a refresher course. Razz
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Bummer dude.... Were you looking over your shoulder to change lanes while everyone in front of you stopped?

Out of front bumper covers...

Mike

Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Shocked Wow! That machine is cursed! The paint wasn't even dry yet.

If there was ever a car itching' to be in the derby, this must be it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Never!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Bring it back to your body guy and tell him he missed a spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Did you get a ticket for this one and the last one,sure do hope not.Is fla a no fault state because of all the retirees down there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Sadly, yes to both. Last one I took traffic school. This one I'm eating it - because I can't take it twice in a year.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Ray I have the core support, hood, caprice grille, and may have a headlight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 pm

I have the headlights. Grille and support are en route.

How difficult is it to change the core support? How does that work?

(P.S. Now you see why I was interested in your SS grille Razz)
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 am

Pretty simple to change all that out. Don't feel too bad - it happens - just learn from it. I've changed a front clip twice now (different cars, different reasons).

Radiator support is pretty simple. Just takes some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:07 am

The core support bolts together? I've done the front clip before, so I'm no stranger to that part.

It's just disheartening. I have so much on my plate, so much going on, and now this. Bleh.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:12 am

Ray, theres a bunch of bubble caprices up here if you need a front bumper skin
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 am

Ray, it's not hard to do the work yourself in a day. Just have your body guy line the hood up and paint.

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Dscf0514nd

When I got my wagon the core support was rotted.

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Core4

Took it out.. its just bolted in.

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Core5

new one in.. didnt even take out the radiator... or removed the bumper. Although it's probably easier to...

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 185134_10151113743088947_180261682_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 am

That looks very doable, actually.... I'd remove the bumper, just because I have to anyway.

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 am

Ouch!!

focus young man,. focus,..use a strap and another car,. mebbe tweak the rad support back?

I do like to upgrade the brakes on the wagons, 4 piston calipers and the bigger rotors really do make a difference,.

nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 am

Yeah, that's the plan for now, to see if I can get it straight enough to put the headlight back on that side.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Ray, I'm so sorry about your car!! Thankfully, from the photo, it looks like you say, just the core support and related parts. I would take off the bumper, as it just makes the job easier. It is really just a bunch of nuts and bolts, so don't fret about the job. And, if there is any upside to this (which there isn't) at least you won't have any issues with paint match! Best of luck, and post any questions you may have. I've done a bunch of core supports, and as smart a guy as you are, you will have no problems. Good luck, Mark.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:32 pm

You've got some bad luck dude. lol sorry.

Car looks good though. (minus the crushed front end)
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:15 pm

No offense but I'd be looking for a quarter panel too. If all of the putty holding the quarter together cracked just by bolting the bumper back on, a year from now you will be looking at a cracked, busted, failing mess. You can't build panels out of bondo and expext them to last. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Did you miss the pic of the quarter, bare steel, all back in place? The guy did a decent job on the metal before the skim coat.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Did you miss the pic of the quarter, bare steel, all back in place? The guy did a decent job on the metal before the skim coat.

No I saw it. Did you miss all of the putty busted apart when he tried to bolt the bumper back on? Major issues in store for this car....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Sadly, yes to both. Last one I took traffic school. This one I'm eating it - because I can't take it twice in a year.

don't eat the ticket, go to the ticket clinic and have them work it for you.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 pm

GN1220 wrote:
jayoldschool wrote:

No I saw it. Did you miss all of the putty busted apart when he tried to bolt the bumper back on? Major issues in store for this car....

I saw that, too. Sure, there was some filler on that corner. I don't think it is fair to say the complete quarter is caked in it, though. Ray's car is two decade old daily transportation with a satin paint job. He lives where it doesn't go below freezing very often, and the roads are smooth. It's never going to be a show car (and that's ok). I believe the repair was appropriate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Even that corner passed the magnet test at the track.

It's really not that bad.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Sorry to see you had another bump! But I agree with Nick...I think you can pull that support out. It is pretty easy to swap supports though (just the fender top bolts and then two bolts that hold it to the front frame sections) Obviously you don't have to take the fenders and inner fenders off by the way, this pic is when I had it all apart.

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 IMG_9234

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:40 am

when the wife played tag with a deer in her fancy ford,. it tweaked the support,.
i snuck it out without draining the coolant or the a/c,..

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 MVC-894S

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Well, found out my core support is actually broken. It's a bit rusty (PA car originally).

Saw the body guy. He says he can get a support and a bumper cover from the local JY. Install, re-fill hood ornament hole on hood I have coming, and spray for $300.

Sigh. Good price, but not money I needed to spend.

Does anybody know if TBI and LT1 core supports are the same?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Will it be ready in time for WFNY? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:57 pm

This time he says this repair is easy. Claims one week (I feel like I've heard this before - right?!) lol
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 pm

did he mention WHICH week?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Wait.... Who IS this ^^^^ guy????? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
did he mention WHICH week?

Ha.

I told him I needed it by May 1st at the latest, because of graduation. He said it would be done way before that.

Whatever the case, I feel confident that he'll give it to me in time.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

letting go of the wagon, but will remain as a vendor.

Instead of starting as a new user, I chose to keep my history with you guys.

Ray, do you think he will meet that deadline? You will be local this time, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Yeah, I think he'll make it. Realistically, straightening that quarter panel was a lot more labor intensive than swapping a bumper and core support.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 am

Now would be a good time to install the FW fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 am

Yep! That's the plan. lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:19 am

Stingroo wrote:

Does anybody know if TBI and LT1 core supports are the same?

Yeah. The hood spring mount is a little different (where the airbag sensor mounts) but its an easy adaption.

That is a really good price Ray!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

letting go of the wagon, but will remain as a vendor.

Instead of starting as a new user, I chose to keep my history with you guys.

Ray, do you think he will meet that deadline? You will be local this time, right?

Is that gorgeous wagon of yours gone to a member?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:52 pm

New (to me) core support located. He says there's a bumper or two there at the yard as well. I asked him to look for a Custom Cruiser bumper, because he THINKS one of the wagons there was an Olds.

That would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 am

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 539656_10201146268845463_715931206_n

Alright, so maaaaybe those aren't supposed to bend that way.

Possibly.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:39 am

Mebbe start a new thread,.
The re-re-re-re-repair of the roo wagon,..?
mebbe put it in the right section,.

daytona is over,.

i haven't been following this thread,.

but it looks interesting now,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:01 am

roo, glad your pulling through with the repairs, you've been through alot lately.

all the best and good luck.

did you get that OCC front bumper cover?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Mebbe start a new thread,.
The re-re-re-re-repair of the roo wagon,..?
mebbe put it in the right section,.

daytona is over,.

i haven't been following this thread,.

but it looks interesting now,.

Nick

Fair point. Should do that.

*moseys on over to the project section*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 pm

After everything thats happened to you and your family in the last 2 months,you are managing to stay remarkably positive.Others would
have given up and sold the wagon but you are getting it fixed AGAIN,says a lot about the man you are becoming.
Keep it up Ray!

But I still wouldnt let you drive my wagons! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....   SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoI'm probably not coming to Daytona....
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4