GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WagonFest Mid-Atlantic

Go down 
+26
mtrhead79
ironrobe
1slow-wagon
mickwagon
scoob8000
rabalc
Big Wagon Guy
81X11
bigbluey88
cbshea13
Lynol
theamcguy
phantom 309
Cadet57
bamalongroof
Sprocket
OldGuy
YachtDriver
94Woody
brokecello
95BRMW
silverfox103
lakeffect
BigBlackBeaSSt
1993 Roady-man
DBeaSSt
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:12 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Mike,  Putting you down for four for dinner, let me know if it changes.  Yes, Friday will be hang out unofficially at my place.  if you need to unload a trailer or something there contact me and we'll work something out.

Watch the 'sticky' thread for things as they firm up.  I'm still working on stuff and with my day job right now it's sporadic.

Cool deal. I've got a roof-top carrier (Sears S-Cargo) for our luggage. Luggage will be in the hotel rooms, but would love to just leave the carrier at your place if it's ok...can't really stash it in a hotel room. Would rather not have it on the roof for the Fest.

WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Edna1
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Mike, dunno if you have a trailer hitch but if so, I got one of those trays and 3 sealable rubbermaid buckets that I strapped down.  More room and less aero drag.....just sayin'  3K miles losing a couple MPG would add up.  Did that in my Jeep Cherokee back in '04 when I toured the eastern Seaboard.  worked really well and NO hit on the mpg (in fact it got better, but I think that was me taking off the THule racks beforehand.

Well, I'm out. Just booked a trip to the Dry Tortugas the weekend before this happens. I've been wanting to visit Fort Jefferson, since I learned about it in 4th grade.....70 miles west of Key West in the middle of the Gulf...

WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 FortJefferson2009.jpg-12sm-1024x681
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Gee that looks terrible.....

....I hate you Sprocket.....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Oh and I have a hitch carrier for the Denali, and love it. My concern was the two boys will be riding in the 3rd row and I don't know if I want them climbing in and out of the window between it and the car the entire trip.

Good idea though, have never used that on the Roadmaster. Hmmmm..
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Mike, That's no problem. I'm sure we can find somewhere to put it for the weekend. Smile

Pavillion reserved! Same one we used for the prior WF-MA. I'll be posting maps and directions as soon as I manage a few free minutes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:50 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Mike, That's no problem.  I'm sure we can find somewhere to put it for the weekend. Smile

Pavillion reserved!  Same one we used for the prior WF-MA.  I'll be posting maps and directions as soon as I manage a few free minutes!

Awesome and Awesome.

Looking so forward to this!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 4:05 pm

I haven't browsed the guest list too much, but are there any Floridians going? I need to get a cargo shade and seat skins down to Tim or Ray.
Back to top Go down
mickwagon

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Speaking of cargo shades is any one coming that happens to have another shade in grey..that they want to sell
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm

It might be easier if everyone would actually list their home towns under the avatars!

Just saying...
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 am

Dinner plans all set! I've updated the sticky thread. If you haven't yet given me the number attending for dinner, send me a PM! Take a look at the Yelp! listing, if you don't want to eat there for dinner, that's fine, just let me know so I can put you down as not joining us.

Price is $15 per person which includes your drink (soda/tea/coffee), buffet meal with roast beef or chicken and dessert. Taxes and tip are included as well.
Back to top Go down
1slow-wagon

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Meet up with bigblackbeaSSt Tim. The other night at a local car get together and he told me abought wf would love to come. Me +1 as of now. Thanks Ryan
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Added you to the list!

1slow-wagon wrote:
Meet up with bigblackbeaSSt Tim. The other night at a local car get together and he told me abought wf would love to come. Me +1 as of now. Thanks Ryan
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 pm

1slow-wagon wrote:

The central PA to Central VA caravan grows!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 pm

CaraVAN? I thought it was caraWAGON!
Back to top Go down
ironrobe

ironrobe

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm in! This will be my first one and I'm looking forward to it. I will head out of Philly early on Sat AM and it will be me +1 for dinner
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawdealtees.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 pm

ironrobe wrote:
I'm in! This will be my first one and I'm looking forward to it. I will head out of Philly early on Sat AM and it will be me +1 for dinner

I am in central pa. Swing by and join our caravan.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:23 pm

The way this year has been,. it maybe a trip made on snow tires,....
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 6:24 am

ironrobe wrote:

Added you!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 pm

Hey Mike, what time in the morning is this shin-dig kicking off?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:57 pm

6am and don't wake me when you get there. Razz

Um, probably somewhere around 10ish.
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
6am and don't wake me when you get there. Razz

Um, probably somewhere around 10ish.

LOL! We'll show up HONKING!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:11 pm

i am coming with the wife and no kids.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:06 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:

You guys going to swing by the homestead and Caravan with the group? Or will your wife dis-own you?
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:10 pm

i am going down friday morning i will meet you there. did i say meet or beat you there Rolling Eyes oh i was looking for pics of a race saturn on here and never saw them
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 4:17 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:

Gotcha on the list, see ya next month!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Sadly the Massey Family is out. Had a bunch of issues this past weekend and my vacation funds got cut in half... Misty was also getting the cold shoulder for taking off so much time at work, and Eddie, my 7th-grader, was going to have a ton of work if he missed 7-days of school.

I really wanted to go and was looking forward to this. Got my time-off OK'd a month ago and had reservations made. Cancelling today. Boo.

I hope everyone has a great time and I look forward to the pics. I WILL make a Fest one of these days....I'm bound and determined.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Sorry to hear Mike. Sad
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:46 pm

81X11 wrote:
Sadly the Massey Family is out.   Had a bunch of issues this past weekend and my vacation funds got cut in half...     Misty was also getting the cold shoulder for taking off so much time at work, and Eddie, my 7th-grader, was going to have a ton of work if he missed 7-days of school.

I really wanted to go and was looking forward to this.   Got my time-off OK'd a month ago and had reservations made.   Cancelling today.  Boo.

I hope everyone has a great time and I look forward to the pics.  I WILL make a Fest one of these days....I'm bound and determined.

-Mike

:'(
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Say it ain't so Mike.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope everything works out.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:00 pm

I think Mike is actually a mass hallucination  generated among this forum's membership. We've all been smelling too many fumes, no one has ever seen actually seen him in the flesh (with or without woodies)  and all the pictures have been  meticulously photoshopped by someone who drives a Honda Civic.

Sorry to hear you are out Mike,.

Dave
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 pm

I just realized that this was the last time I saw Glenn before he passed. I miss that guy!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:21 pm

lakeffect wrote:
I think Mike is actually a mass hallucination  generated among this forum's membership. We've all been smelling too many fumes, no one has ever seen actually seen him in the flesh (with or without woodies)  and all the pictures have been  meticulously photoshopped by someone who drives a Honda Civic.

Dave

Not true,. i actually got a ride in the super clean OCC when we were in texas,.and Mike took our whole family on a really nice guided tour of austin,.then later that night we went cruising in the occ and saw lots of cool cars,..

Mike is real man,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 am

Mike should come to WF FL. It probably coincides with the kids and their spring break.

But, you know, just throwin' that out there.

Have fun at Mid-Atlantic fest.

My car is still in pieces LOL
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:10 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

Not true,. i actually got a ride in the super clean OCC when we were in texas,.and Mike took our whole family on a really nice guided tour of austin,.then later that night we went cruising in the occ and saw lots of cool cars,..

Mike is real man,.

Ditto, Mike is the real deal, got to ride in the same OCC and go yarding in 105 degree heat, where he pulled two radios for Joe T in Mich, whom he'd never met. Best part of that was, he didn't have Joe's # but I had Bewb's and got it for him. Joe was thrilled to get the radios too.

I'm sure Mike is pretty bummed out about it....

Yeah Mike start planning for last weekend in March, (they haven't set the official date yet, but always has been last weekend in March) It's only a 1000 miles from Round Rock Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Sprocket wrote:
 It's only a 1000 miles from Round Rock  Rolling Eyes

Only 200 less than Massachusetts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Alrighty folks, 25 days (or so) until WF. Take a look at the sticky thread and look for your name. I need to be calling the restaurant in a week or so to give them a better estimate of how many for dinner. If you're not there, let me know. If you are there and not joining for dinner let me know!

See you on the 25th!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 11:05 am

Misty did not get approved for the time off, and Eddie, my 7th-grader, is struggling in school this year, and after meeting with his teachers we were told he should not miss a week of school, even if it was to see Washington DC.

I can't run off without them now. Would not be fair. I've been pretty bummed about it, sorry if I've been off the site a while. I posted the above note the day after meeting with Eddie's teachers...and have been off here since then.

As a small make-up to myself and the family, we are going to take a long 4-day weekend down at the gulf on North Padre Island Oct 24-27th. We're driving the Denali and the Roadmaster on this one, and all the family is coming. Will finally get my pics of the Roadmaster on the beach...but will sure be wishing I was up there with you guys...

Have fun all and I look forward to seeing your pics. If you are ever in Texas the door is always open to my wagon friends,

-Mike
Back to top Go down
OldGuy

OldGuy

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:20 pm

All set for Va., made hotel res. today. Not towing teardrop this time, last time in Va. it was a little cool. Cant wait.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 pm

OldGuy wrote:
All set for Va., made hotel res. today.  Not towing teardrop this time, last time in Va. it was a little cool. Cant wait.

Roger,

Hope you got in on the hotel deal.

Tom

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t10540-hotel-info-for-mid-atlantic-wf-hampton-inn
Back to top Go down
OldGuy

OldGuy

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:12 am

We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Front Royal. They still had room yesterday.

Roger
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:14 am

Did you try the hotel where we have a group rate?

Getting excited now. Going to do a cap/rotor and timing job this weekend. Check of the fluids, and I should be ready to go!
Back to top Go down
OldGuy

OldGuy

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:35 am

No did not try that hotel, forgot about the group rate. I'm old, cant remember everything. haha

Roger
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:36 am

OldGuy wrote:
No did not try that hotel, forgot about the group rate.  I'm old, cant remember everything. haha

Roger

I would call and ask. IIRC, it was something like $20-30 cheaper per night than the Front Royal one. I was booked there until Tom got us the group rate. I saved something like $90.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:39 am

Roger

You could cancel the reservations that you made and make them at the Hampton Inn in Winchester. When I was lining this up, Front Royal Hampton Inn was $140, group rate at Winchester Hampton Inn $89.

Just in case, look here: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t10540-hotel-info-for-mid-atlantic-wf-hampton-inn

Tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 am

I'm in the Winchester unit as well. We should plan on a little group get together on Firday night  at/near the motel, even if it's only wings and beers
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Buffalo wind wings is about 3 minutes around the corner from you guys.  Small parking lot though.  

Buffalo Wild Wings

There is a regional chain called Ledo's Pizza that is amazing.  Huge parking area and a Sonics for Ice Cream as well.

Ledo's Pizza
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Dang, sounds like you all are gonna have a real great time!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Note that it's a little further from Winchester than WildWings or Ledo but we are planning to meet up Friday evening around 5ish at Spelunkers in Front Royal for dinner.  Informal whoever shows.  Best custard in the area and great burgers too.

As to my address, watch for a post shortly.  Anyone who isn't on the list yet let me know, I need to call the Saturday restaurant this week to finalize numbers.  If you are on the list and AREN'T coming please let me know too!!
Back to top Go down
OldGuy

OldGuy

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Put us down for 2 to eat. Will try to make Friday also.

Roger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest Mid-Atlantic   WagonFest Mid-Atlantic - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WagonFest Mid-Atlantic
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next